Tee Up In Gym Class
In elementary schools in our community and across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to First Tee Schools Program, bringing our curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. By teaching elementary students First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
First Tee Greater Seattle partners with more than 200 public and parochial schools throughout King County to bring the character education of The First Tee directly into the school day.
Through the program, more than 100,000 young people in the Greater Seattle area are learning core values like confidence, integrity, and respect through the game of golf at school!
The First Tee Schools Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.